Farra d'Alpago (Italy)
This garden surrounds an early 20th-century historic house in a landscape conservation area. The owners commissioned us to carry out a series of renovation works both to enrich the garden with new functions - to make it more comfortable and safer - and to deal with the damage caused by the bad weather that hit the Belluno area heavily in October-November 2018.
We have therefore devised a number of interventions for the historic garden:
- Securing the internal paths.
- Designing the car park.
For the bad weather damage suffered by the coniferous forest, which is part of the historic garden, we provided advice on both the extraction of the crashed trees and the consolidation of the slope and enhancement of the surviving plants (about 30%).
In order to carry out a first part of the garden renovation, based on the owners' requests, the project developed in these steps:
- Topographical survey of the area affected by the interventions.
- Technical drawings for the preliminary, definitive and executive project.
- 3D modelling and rendering to preview the performance of the project.
- Assistance during construction.